Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I get tattooed at the festival? How do I find the right tattoo artist?
A: There are plenty of opportunities to get tattooed at the Richmond Tattoo Art & Music festival!
– For appointments made ahead of time, all tattoo artists handle their own bookings. You must contact artists directly to check if they have availability for appointments. All clients who make an appointment prior to the festival will still need to purchase a ticket for entry into the festival.
– During the festival, some artists have designs that they will tattoo for a flat rate and some artists do walk-up tattoos! You can also put your name in the raffle for a free flash tattoo at the Free Tattoo Booth!
– Over 150 talented tattoo artists travel from far and wide to attend this festival! If you’re looking for a specific artist or style of tattoo, visit our Artist Directory to find the perfect artist for your next tattoo!
Q: Where do I buy tickets for the festival? How much does it cost?
A: Ticket information will be available closer to the festival date. Join our Mailing List to stay updated!
– Tickets are sold both online prior to the event and at the door during the event at the Admissions booth. There will be regular General Admission tickets and also VIP tickets that come with extra perks, like early entrance into the festival! Military and student discounts are available.
– For those who purchase tickets online, you will get your entry wristband at the Admissions booth in the Will Call line. There will be a registration list of all online ticket purchasers, so you do not need to bring a physical copy of your ticket with you to the festival.
Q: How do I join the festival as a tattoo artist, exhibitor, musician, etc?
A: This event is invite only. However, we are always looking for unique tattoo artists, creatives, musicians, and businesses to consider for the festival and future events!
– If you’d like to be considered to tattoo at the festival, please visit our Artist Submission Form.
– If you’re a creator, exhibitor, musician, or business, please visit our Exhibitor Submission Form.
Q: Are hotel accommodations available for everyone?
A: All attendees are welcome to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton and party with us all weekend long! To book your room, you must use our Hotel Application. If you call the hotel and try to book, they will probably tell you there is no availability for the festival weekend, as we have booked out the entire hotel.
Q: How do I sign up to volunteer?
A: We’re always in need of fun, energetic, and positive personalities to help bring this festival to life! In addition to making new friends, you will also receive a limited edition Staff shirt and a weekend pass to the festival!
– If you’d like to sign up to volunteer, please visit our Volunteer Sign-Up Form.
Q: Is the festival a kid-friendly event?
A: Yes! This festival is family friendly and children under 12 years of age get in FREE! We just ask that you do not leave your children unattended. Any child left unattended with be given energy drinks and taught to swear.
– There will be a kids’ activity area in the outdoor section of the festival, along with a Kids’ Tattoo Competition on Saturday and Sunday!
– Adult entertainment begins every night at 8pm, so parents can use their own discretion on determining how late their children should be at the festival.
Q: What’s the parking like at this event?
A: Parking at the venue will cost an estimated fee of five dollars. There will be several FREE overflow parking lots near the venue. There will also be VIP parking options available at the venue for those who purchase a VIP ticket.
Q: Is photography allowed at this event?
A: All media and professional photographers must secure a press pass through Megan Wilson at [email protected] . It is required of all media to ask for permission before photographing or recording any tattoo artists, exhibitors, and other attendees.